Payload server moving soon! Capture Point server down.

latest news in regards to the WA group/servers here.

Payload server moving soon! Capture Point server down.

Postby ЩĄ | KĄȤ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Hey everyone.

Updates for you!

The Payload server will be moving to a different host sometime soon! We'll be making changes to the server as well to help keep it populated more!
Right now here is what we are planning to start off with:
-Badwater/Goldrush only
-Adding the quake sounds to server (you know, "Headshot" "Double Kill" "Rampage" Etc)
We hope by making these changes the server will fill up more quickly, and stay populated more!

I think we might want to add a 2nd Payload server with maps rotating other than Badwater/Goldrush.

The Capture Point/Seasonal server has been taken down for now, we'll look at getting anther one up sometime soon.

Anyone have any suggestions on server add-ons/plugins you'd like to see?

-Kaz
ЩĄ | KĄȤ
Site Admin

Re: Payload server moving soon! Capture Point server down.

Postby ЩĄ_Dr. Penguin -ll- » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Not a big fan of the Quake sounds personally. They get in the way of audio chat and just get annoying in general.

For rotation, can we at least include barnblitz? That one seems to be pretty popular and while I understand that goldrush/badwater are what fill the server, I *do* like other maps occasionally :p
ЩĄ_Dr. Penguin -ll-

Postby Yuck » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:03 pm

I've seen server's with the default quake sound, but a !sounds option to turn it off or change voice... I agree that they are overall more annoying than anything else
Yuck

Postby ЩĄ | KĄȤ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Okay, I understand about the sounds... but when there are 32 people on the server it's so noisy already I didn't think it mattered.

With the rotation, I like a lot of other maps to. But we are trying to make it so the server gets full more often and making it easier for it to seed.
I think we should also have 2nd payload server that's set to 24 people VANILLA with rotation of other maps, kinda like we have now.
ЩĄ | KĄȤ
Site Admin

Postby Yuck » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:24 am

I know a lot of people like the quake/unreal sounds, I'm just saying if there is a way that allows them to be turned off on an individual basis, it should be looked into.

A vanilla'd out server doesnt sound too bad. Possibly a "Hit F3 if ya want to connect to the 32 person server(xx/32 players)". Valve would feed the 24, 24 would help maintain the 32 ideally
Yuck

Postby PembrokeWelshCorgi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 pm

I'm another person to gripe about Quake sounds. They are a big turn-away for me. Unless they can be turned off on the client-side, I won't want to play in a server with them.
PembrokeWelshCorgi

Postby Flying Walrus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:16 pm

I don't like the Quake sounds either. I'm not sure how other people react, but when I end up on a server with Quake sounds enabled, I usually just disconnect. If that's common, it seems like it would make more sense to turn them off by default but allow people to turn them on if they want.

Getting Thundermountain and Pipeline out of the normal rotation is good. They pretty much always kill the server. The stock 24 player server might also be a good idea. Note however that I'm strongly biased when it comes to stock servers, though, because I think stock plays way better than fast respawn due to balancing problems in the latter.
Flying Walrus

Postby PembrokeWelshCorgi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 pm

As for any additional plugin ideas, I dont' really have any. I'm comfortable with our current setup.
PembrokeWelshCorgi

Postby Horse » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:55 pm

There are a ton of stock servers out there which is why I was never a fan of them - I like fast respawn, don't play on any servers cept those with fast respawn. 32 player counts are great too to get more people involved, more targets etc and from what I hear Valve may start pushing support for 32 player servers vs frowning upon them. I too am not a fan of quake sounds or any other sounds during game play that I already have to hear by default settings just cause it effects how I play. Not every target I shot at I see or have seen - most of which comes from what I hear so I could almost play blind folded and still own :p

I like Goldrush and Badwater - they do help populate more than the others but I enjoy HooDoo, Thundermountain (every so often), don't really care for Barnblitz but I see its a fav with many so I play it. The payload race maps I don't care for..seems to split the "team" into other functions so I could care less if we removed them however not sure about just keeping the server on Goldrush/Badwater only - prob keep it to those 5 maps and set the rotation to just run its course vs voting but again that's why we are here to see what everyone likes and get a clear picture. While I like to cater to the pubers its our members first that is important - those that help seed and populate it.

The new Payload server IP# will be 74.121.181.77:27017 - make sure to note the port of 27017 as the 27015/27016 are for two trade servers. I'll be firing up the new payload tonight so please make sure you change your favs as the old payload runs out in a week or so and we will not be renewing it but instead pushing all funds towards this location.

Funding is another thing - please make sure you at least try to sit thru the ads on the servers when you join - they help support the server in many ways and its only a few seconds of your time. If you do wish to throw some donations you can do so thru myself using this email addy - admin@gamerscrib.net or can hit myself up or kaz for the info. Those that do donate even just $5 its very much appreciated and will push you into the VIP listing on the server to prevent you from getting auto balanced, afk kick immunity, end of round immunity, can instant bypass the ads and then some so again if you donate thanks a bunch ahead of time! If you haven't or can't just watch the ads till they finish it really helps!!!
Horse
Site Admin

Postby beefsupreme » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:41 pm

I think Badwater/Goldrush w/ mapvote is fine. If the server is populated enough there will be an admin on that can throw up a map vote, and if it is not populated enough it should probably be on GR/BW. I am tired of them too, on some level, but they are what keep the server going and what get it started. I kind of like the Quake sounds (rather, unreal tournament) but the frequency of the sounds going off would probably be distracting and humiliating at times. I don't need to hear, as well as see, that Kaz is dominating me with mini-sentry. I would be ok with just being able to disable them, if that is an option. I am glad we are changing servers. That raisin bran hosting company sucks ass. As far as other mods, I like our current config. Pregame mayhem could be extended! (after game mayhem could be cool too :D ) End of round Rocky music!!!!

I still think having a second vanilla 24 server is a good idea just for brand recognition. Vanilla stock maybe, so we can get the quickplay people. I don't know many people that use it, but new people start playing everyday so it is bound to draw some traffic. Plus, I do like vanilla every now and then.
I'm beefy!

beefsupreme

Next

Return to News and Announcements